No time spent with your family is ever wasted.-- Don Donahoo

Thursday, January 20, 2011

Costco Shopping

Today Lucy, Jack and I went on a trip with a group of people from the shipyard to Costco! The bus left at 10:30am and came home at 3:30pm! It was the longest time I had ever been at Costco... but it was also the most fun I have ever had there! It was just like the Costco's at home, they sold a lot of Japanese food, (well, duh... we are in JAPAN!) but for the most part it felt like being home! They even had a food court that sold hot dogs, pizza, and ice cream!
The entrance into Costco.... i love the feeling of something familiar!

 Here is Lucy waiting to go in, with some friends that live right below us and we are becoming good friends! We are enjoying have good friends!
 The Costco cart... they only have one seat instead of two!
 The checkouts, and the front of the store

 the have the same flower spot as they do at home!
 people waiting in line for the samples... a crazy mob!
 the sample lady handing out the goodies
 I found this in the frozen food section... it is frozen spaghetti!
 Ahhh yes! Sweet Dr. Pepper!

 I wasn't sure what these things were... until I looked at the price tag.....
 FISH PASTE!!
 The sign for the food court... nothing like a Costco hot dog!
 The kids and I went to the bathroom at Costco, and this was the sign above the changing table... I like the "keep watch" part!
 These are all the carts that people leave with their bought stuff in while they eat lunch... everyone is so trusting, I just love it!
All the people at the food court... we had to wait for 5-10 minutes for a table to open up!

 It was another fun day here in Japan! 


2 comments:

  1. One of my favorite things about Japan is how safe I ALWAYS felt. There was never a time where I worried about the safety of my children or my family. You are probably in the safest place you will ever be.
    Glad you found another piece of home!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow they just leave the carts. Way cool. I wish we could do that here! The frozen spaghetti sounds a little... umm... interesting. Did you buy any???

    ReplyDelete

"No time spent with your family is ever wasted."
Don Donahoo