No time spent with your family is ever wasted.-- Don Donahoo

Saturday, November 28, 2009

Lucy's Birthday a.k.a Thanksgiving

Well, this year Lucy's birthday fell on Thanksgiving! It was fun because we had more time off of work and was able to spend more time at our parents house and spend Lucy's birthday with our families!
In the morning we took Lucy downstairs and had decorated for her. My mom bought her a fun tent and set it up for her with toys and presents inside! I think she really liked it!! We went to Ben's parents house after she opened all her presents and spent the rest of the afternoon there! We had a delicious dinner with them, but the most amazing thing to me was all the pies that Ben's mom made!! She made: pumpkin, apple, cherry, peach, mixed berry, chocolate, cheesecake, lemon meringue, coconut, banana cream, and eggnog pie! It was extremely delicious and inspires me to start a new tradition with our family!
After all that fun, we went back to my mom's to celebrate Lucy's birthday! My grandparents came over to share the fun day with Lucy. Her highchair was all decorated with balloons and bows and she had turkey and mashed potatoes and gravy! She really loved it! Then came the cake! I thought she would just dig in and mash it around all over the place, but she was very dainty and made sure she was getting every piece in her mouth.... but the she got a little bored with that and then it was everywhere!!
All in all, I would say the day was a success! I have been planning this day for what seems like months, and now it is all over and we have A ONE YEAR OLD GIRLY! We love our little Lucy and are so thankful for the sweet little person she is turning into!
HAPPY BIRTHDAY AND THANKSGIVING!

Opening Presents!

Blowing out the candle

Playing in her tent

Eating Cake

Yum Yum!

2 comments:

  1. What fun!! That looks like you guys had a blast!! I can't believe that Lucy is one now. She is getting so big. I can't wait to see her and you guys Saturday!
    p.s I was reading the rest of your posts that I have missed. That dresser looks AMAZING!! You did such a great job! It makes me want to do a little make over with a dresser or two sometime!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So much fun! It sounds like you guys had a ball. Elise- I was just thinking back on the celebrations we had with you guys (birthdays, holidays, etc..) and you always decorate so cute. Your so thoughtful!

    Happy birthday Lucy! Ben and Elise- you have a cute one on your hands. :)

    ReplyDelete

"No time spent with your family is ever wasted."
Don Donahoo